If i understand this right, you want to copy a swf from server 1 to server 2
and then have a client computer running an swf download the file from server
2 into a flex app.

I'd be shocked if you could use file reference silently because it would go
against what i understand as the nature of the security model, but what you
could do is call a webservice on the local web server that copies the files
from the external server to the local web server and then have the swfloader
load those files from the local web server.

Tell me if I'm not understanding the problem correctly.

- Dan