yeah it makes sense for subclipse not to set the ignores on the repos, it is
clever enough to know what the standard eclipse project structure is:)

personally i prefer tortoise svn, eclipse goes side ways at times and seems
to take forever completing processes, and then i can still do what i want in
svn, without it being q'd.