Another unexplained change in the LCDS 2.5 ES release is the inclusion
of the Flex SDK as a zip file that requires extra (manual) effort to
install. Not only is that a pain it is also incomplete -- to have a
fully self-contained *Flex + LCDS* SDK you need to copy the fds.swc
(why didn't they rename that too?) from an exploded flex.war into your
unzipped Flex SDK directory.

In the old version I just had to give the FDS Linux installer to our
build tools team and they could install it very simply. Now it looks
like I'm going to have to come up with a hacked-together install
package for them.. just extra effort for no real benefit as far as I
can see.

Is there any reason why we can't go back to the FDS 2.0.x structure of
having a full Flex + FDS SDK as part of the installer?

Cheers,
Neale.