Quake in Flash. Quite awesome :-)

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Aldo Bucchi
Sent: 02 November 2007 16:30
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Aha... did someone say C/C++ to AS3???

woooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww

I just saw the video [1].... damn. list... how come I see so little
buzz on this!!!??
It is THE biggest thing I have seen so far related to the flash player.

Buzzzz, buzzzz, please!!!
- is this real?
- when should we expect this to hit the street, if ever ( we need to
get prepared ya know... )
- hmm what happens with licenses... can we just port EVERY open source
c/cpp interpreter, codec, lib, etc to as3?

damn. this is one of those things that make me question everything
about everything. It just changes the rules of the game completely. It
is too good to be true, and at the same time too bad... i'm confused.

Of course, it makes sense. In the race for the WebOS desktop... Adobe
will have to port their desktop applications to their universal client
platform.

How much will the photoshop v.2010 online subscription cost? anyone?

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hX-Uh3oTcE
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hX-Uh3oTcE>

--
:::: Aldo Bucchi ::::