--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "valdhor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When you click a button, you generate a mouseEvent, so your function
> should look like...
>
> private function onHelpClicked(event:MouseEvent):void
>
> and your button should take this into account...
>
> <help:HelpButton click="onHelpClicked(event)" />
>
> event is one of those keywords that Flex automatically understands.

Thanks but still have the same error.

in the script tag:

   import com.venice.event.HelpEvent;

   private function onHelpClicked(event:MouseEvent):void
   {
      dispatchEvent(new HelpEvent(HelpEvent.HELP_INITIALIZED, true));
   }

in the MXML:

   <help:HelpButton click="onHelpClicked(event)" />

Any other ideas?  I even pared down the component to a very simple
one:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<mx:Image source="@Embed(source='/media/icons/help.png')"
xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; />