I have the past few days reading about Cairngorm and, at all, i don't
understand the concept behind de events and commands.

The people says that a event-command pair corresponds to a user
gesture or system event: clicks, app init, etc. But when i browse the
Cairngorm store app i found things like these:

- Command modifies the model and the model notifies the view throw
bindings: this seems logic to me.

- Selecting a product in the view directly changes the
model.selectedItem: where is the command?. What we have here is a user
gesture and a model update without Cairngorm event or command.

- Retrieving the products with a GetProductsCommand: what kind of
event+command is this?. The system event shold be appInit or the like,
and then usually you need to retrieve many things, not only products.
Why server request = command?

- Finally, the checkout process is divided in a sequence of commands.
The user gesture is checkout, but the app uses serveral commands.

This has no sense for me. I think the theory was right, but when
applied is twisted to match the framework limitations.

This is suposed to be the mother of the samples (an the only one, i
think).

Could any one clarify me when to use a command an how to explain the
concept to other people?

Thanks

- Oscar