OK, you asked.  See my replies below.

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Neal Campbell
K3NC
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 3:32 PM
To: Flexradio reflector
Subject: [Flexradio] Questions about PowerSDR Versions

In the excellent QST review, they mention that we Flex'ers usually keep 3
versions of PowerSDR hanging around for usage: the last formal release (1.10.4
in this case), our favorite version of the SVN updates and the latest SVN
available.

I am interested in hearing from the Flex community how they use and decide
which version to use of PowerSDR?

[Tim] It is feature set dependent.  Some of the branch versions have features
that I want to use for a particular operating mode.

Do people really keep 3 versions hanging around?
[Tim] Three?  I have seven on the desktop.

If so, what versions are they and why did you decide to use those?

[Tim]
V1.10.3 - used to set difference in features and performance between released
versions
V1.10.4 - because it is the released version and use it as a baseline to test
SVN code against
SVN Trunk = because it is the released version with bug fixes (aka the "latest"
released version)
SVN Branch, Ed - Features added for CW skimmer and others
SVN Branch, RX2 - beta testing the RX2
SVN Branch, TEST - Cause I like lining on the edge :-) and testing new code
My own development code - it is ugly and not for public consumption.

Do you regularly find a problem in the latest SVN release that causes you to
put it aside for the next one?

[Tim] Occasionally, but then Eric usually fixes it.  Sometime I'll use a
released version because it is more reliable, like working a contest.

How many people are using the "variants" of PowerSDR and which ones?

Just interested.....

Neal Campbell

www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
AIM:nealk3nc