I recently installed PowerSDR 1.18.3 on a new Windows 7 system (Flex 5000A, Firmware: 1.3.0.8, Firewire driver: 3.5.0.7171). The install went well and PowerSDR and the 5000A seem to be working fine. However, turning on the RX1 preamp causes the RX2 S-Meter reading to increase by about 20dB. With both receivers on 20M and VFO Sync enabled, turning on the RX1 preamp causes the signal to noise ratio on RX2 to get noticeably worse (RX2 preamp also on) by about 20 dB. I recall this problem being reported earlier this year, but I thought it had been fixed. Is this a known problem with 1.18.3? Is anyone else observing this?
73,
Clay W7CE