At 09:51 AM 5/24/2012, Tony Estep wrote:
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM, W1JCW <w1...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ....wanted to know what significant gains there would be...

John, a significant gain is that the new design can receive several slices
of spectrum at once. In other words, you can run a number of the
lightweight display/control windows at the same time, each pointing to
different frequency slices. They can be on different bands, modes, etc.

We know that reception as panadaptor views of those 4-8 slices are planned, but we don't know if we will have audio from 4-8 "receivers" available for use in some worthwhile way. Might be disappointing to assume that ordinary functions will all be available in an extraordinary radio, then find they are not.

Jerry W4UK