OOPS! I just re-read the PDF brochure: "Slice Receivers allow you to simultaneously visually and audibly monitor multiple frequencies within the same band or multiple bands ". Looks like we will have audio to use. Multiple means at least 2, and maybe 4/8. I don't see the hardware connection points, so maybe we will have audio streaming over the ethernet to the PC client. My error.

Jerry W4UK

At 10:10 AM 5/24/2012, Jerry Flanders wrote:
At 09:51 AM 5/24/2012, Tony Estep wrote:
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM, W1JCW <w1...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ....wanted to know what significant gains there would be...

John, a significant gain is that the new design can receive several slices
of spectrum at once. In other words, you can run a number of the
lightweight display/control windows at the same time, each pointing to
different frequency slices. They can be on different bands, modes, etc.

We know that reception as panadaptor views of those 4-8 slices are planned, but we don't know if we will have audio from 4-8 "receivers" available for use in some worthwhile way. Might be disappointing to assume that ordinary functions will all be available in an extraordinary radio, then find they are not.

Jerry W4UK