Jim, I'm not a guru but in the info Flex has is instructions on how to keep the i7 from putting some of the cores to sleep when not tasked. Putting "unused" cores to sleep saves power (Energy Star consideration) but has overhead/latency in going that route. The info tells you how to setup so they all stay awake.

73,

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Barber
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 12:49 PM
To: omni...@gmail.com
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Temp display short cut?

:-)

That made my day, thanks.

I should have asked what the specific potential issues were with the i7. Dudley mentioned a couple that I can check into. I ask because I have a 5000A running with an i7, as well as several pro-audio workstations with various models of that processor. If there are bonafide issues with them or the associated chipsets then I would like to know what they are.

73,
Jim N7CXI

Sent from mobile wireless