Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:51 PM
To: <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Microphone Recommendation?

I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Personally, it is about getting the message
through.

I just ran CQWW and I know that if I had not used the HC5 element (really
sharp and annoying) there are many stations that would have not copied me.

I also can honestly say that those that were using a DX like shaping, I had
problems copying.

There is no 1 perfect element (just like a swiss army knife).    You need
different 'shapes' for different tasks.

Listen to this about the HC6.  Pay attention to how each of his shapes
sound.  http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/press/hc6.mp3

I recorded all of my 1600 QSO's from CQWW.  I will try to find some great
DX audio and some really bad DX audio.  It won't be until next week though.
When I do, I will share them.

Mike va3mw