* Ralf Gerlich -- Monday 12 November 2007:
> Hm, wouldn't that - in UNIX manner - call for an external configuration
> tool to edit the XML bindings?

Yes. And we call this tool "editor".   ;-)

> It's not unreasonable to assume that such a solution would require more
> effort than modifying the keyboard binding mechanism [...]

Which would be OK if it was a big win. But such a configuration dialog
could only support a small subset of all possibilities, so it looks
more like a marketing instrument to me. "You can move the gear from
'g' to 'h', but for anything more sophisticated you have to use an
editor, anyway".

m.