Mally writes:

 > I'm going to complain, mainly because I'm intrigued as to what the
 > 7th-century Insular Latin version would be like:

Frightening (classicists need to be monitored closely in case they go
into shock).  I recommend Aldhelm's De Virginitate as a starting
point; unfortunately, I cannot find an online version, but your local
monastic library may have a copy.

 > Rather than a description attribute, if you have description as a
 > child element, then the description can have its own language
 > attribute.  The default value for the language attribute can be
 > chauvenistic English, and the multilingual stuff can optionally be
 > done by using additional description elements with a specific
 > language attribute, e.g.  <description language="xx">.

One advantage of the XML representation is its conceptual simplicity.
Every element except for the root PropertyList container represents
exactly one property, and every attribute represents metadata for the
property associated with its element.  I've added some simple support
for aliasing and inclusion, but I'd be reluctant to do anything else.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson