On Saturday 19 January 2002 12:41 pm, you wrote:
> If you grab the latest SimGear, FlightGear, and base package from CVS,
> you'll notice that fuel consumption is now working on JSBSim
> piston-engine aircraft (well, the Cessna 310 doesn't have the right
> number of tanks or the right fuel capacity, and the Cessna 182 has a
> 172 gauge that goes only as high as 28 gal_us/tank, but I'm working on
> it).  No more non-stop, transpacific flights on autopilot.
>
> Currently, fuel is referenced in the property manager by gallons, but
> I plan on changing it to pounds when I have a chance.  Here is a
> command-line for a short flight where you don't want to carry around
> over 300lb of fuel in the C172, and thus put only 10 gal_us (about 66
> lb) in each tank:
>
>   fgfs --aircraft=c172 \
>    --prop:/consumables/fuel/tank[0]/level-gal_us=10 \
>    --prop:/consumables/fuel/tank[1]/level-gal_us=10
>
> You can read the fuel-flow gauge to see how many gallons your plane is
> currently using per hour.  When both tanks are empty, the engine will
> stop (I'll add a splutter effect some day), so don't let that happen
> -- 20 gal_us should still be good for over two hours' flying.
>
> By default, neither the C172 nor the C182 starts with a full tank.
>
> Coming changes:
>
> - use lb rather than gal_us for fuel levels
> - add the ability to select feed tanks for each engine
> - check whether JSBSim is actually applying the weight for the fuel
> - modify JSBSim to clamp fuel levels at tank capacity, to discourage
>   accidental cheating
> - bug someone until they make new, higher-capacity fuel gauges for the
>   C182 and C310

eheh.. I was thinking, maybe we should make another tree for fig files.
It would make things easier because we could reuse stuff and regenerate new
textures easier (so I could get better results laying out new textures).
You'll note the dual EGT has no numbers. My original version had numbers
based on an actual gauge but they were hundreds of degrees too high.
No problem, make a copy of th .fig, remove the numbers, viola.
I'd like to move to 1 face per texture on some stuff. It would be nice to have
128 and 256px versions.

TTYL
John