Martin van Beilen writes:

 > And guess what I discovered when diffing 0.7.8 against 0.7.9? In
 > Main/options.cxx, around line 900, someone *commented out* the
 > line "dir += 180;", thereby *changing* the definitions of
 > /environment/wind-{north,east}-fps! Okay, who did that? Just wait
 > till I get my hands on you! ;-)

It is now fixed.  dir += 180 has been added back in, and the
JSBSim.cxx interface file has been changed to reverse the sense for
JSBSim.  All three models should now see the wind from the same
direction, but they don't behave the same -- try this at the default
airport:

  fgfs --aircraft=c172 --airport-id=KSFO --heading=270 --wind=0@50
  fgfs --aircraft=c172-yasim --airport-id=KSFO --heading=270 --wind=0@50
  fgfs --aircraft=c172-larcsim --airport-id=KSFO --heading=270 --wind=0@50
  fgfs --aircraft=c172-uiuc --airport-id=KSFO --heading=270 --wind=0@50

The JSBSim C172 actually takes off, weathervanes in the air, then
lands again facing north.  The LaRCSim C172 flips over, and the UIUC
C172 starts sliding smoothly sideways.  YASim takes the prize for this
one, since it simply weathervanes on the ground until it's facing
north, into the wind.

 > > Was there a properties way to do it that is opposite to the above? Perhaps
 > > we are given too much power! ;-)
 >
 > /environment/wind-{north,east,down}-fps

Just to be clear, these mean the *from* direction.  I suppose that we
should rename them to wind-from-{north|east|down}-fps, but I don't
feel like changing all the references right now.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson