David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> No, that's not right after all.  Following a message from Jon Berndt,
> I took a peek at the property browser, and the wind-{north|east}-fps
> is the to- direction, not the from- direction.  JSBSim was using the
> from- direction already, while the other FDM's were usign the to-
> direction.  In any case, the command-line option now works properly,
> and all the FDMs behave the same way; it's just that the properties
> need to be interpreted differently.

Note that those properties are also writable.  This is a good thing since
at some point we'll probably want a way to manipulate weather changes without
restarting.

> So, what do we do?
>

>From where i sit the vectors should be "from" in the properties.  Since the
property manager offers a way for non-programmers to affect the way fgfs works
(through xml or other methods), it should be in a term that most users will
understand.

I think we're all on the same page...but what i'm seeing is this:
The code in the last release displayed property values in fps "from" north or
east when using JSBsim. Those values could be changed during flight to alter
the wind direction or speed during flight.  The values entered would be
interpretted as "from" their respective vectors.  IMHO, without getting into
the internals, JSBsim and the interface to it was correct.

Best,

Jim