> Well, leaving them as they are certainly won't be a problem for the
> current developers -- the units for those have been percent for as long
> as I can remember.  And percent are non-dimensional, so no units
> indicator is probably just as correct as -pct or -nd or whatever.

How about having a file that contains lines like this ...

/position/altitude-ft   /position/altitude-m    3.3

It creates a bunch of property nodes for aliasing with a scaling factor,
which output a warning to the console whenever they are used (as a hint).
Both will work for get and set, but only the real one can be tied()ed.
This provides legacy support for people, with a reminder to change.