Tony Peden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> To me, no units specified does not automatically imply non-dimensional.
> It means I still have to ask what the units are.

I haven't had this problem in trying to understand these values, but maybe
I've just been programming too long. :-)

To me, items under the "controls" category intuitively indicate the potential
value within a range of -1 to 1 (except sometimes its 0 to 1!). Calling them
something isn't really going to increase the understanding of their meaning or
use.  Other items such as /autopilot/config/elevator-adj-factor and
autopilot/config/integral-contribution have no semantic meaning to someone who
isn't looking at the autopilot code.  Perhaps "integral-contribution" does
have a meaning, but you still need to look at the code to see where it is
applied...in effect "asking what it is".  On the other hand it is really
useful to be able to look at a number and know if it is fpm, fps, or knots!

Anyway, thats all I have to say.  Think I've already overextended my 2 cents
worth!

Best,

Jim