[... Tony wrote ...]:
> OK, after discovering that my original implementation was horribly
> buggy, I have now committed a better version of the normalized control
> surface position code to JSBSim and FG cvs. There is a new set of
> properties for these:
> /surface-positions/flap-pos-pct
[...]

Hmmm, would anyone be so kind to add these controls to the 'External(NET)'
FDM some time ? I am designing some flight control system for a private
model aircraft project and I'd love to use FlightGear for visualization.

To be honest: I found my way to the FlightGear project when I was looking
for some code that I could steal in purpose to drive a remote display.

Unfortunately I had to find out that I don't have the skills to do the
'real' coding myself - except from the very little time critical prototyping
in Perl ....  So I am now in the stage of examining the External interface
and I would love to use FlightGear visualization to see if I'm correct.
There is much more motivation in having visual feedback instead of having
numbers only ....  ;-)

Martin.