After my intro flight in a Cessna 150 on 5 April, I thought that I
might never want to take the controls of a plane again:

  http://www.menet.umn.edu/~curt/lists/fgfs/archive-200204/msg00420.html

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me, both online and offline, I stuck
with it (but switched to 172's).  This morning I flew solo for the
first time, in Cessna 172P C-GPMR (Papa Mike Romeo); for model and
configuration info, type the registration into the search field at

  http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/ad/ad_e.htm

If you want to fly the circuit yourself, try

  fgfs --aircraft=c172-3d --airport-id=CYOW --wind=85@5 --heading=40

Field elevation is approximately 375ft ASL, and circuit altitude for
Rwy 04 is 1500ft ASL with left-handed turns.  You have to do a slant
base to say clear of the big jets on the approach path to 07, so turn
to about 90 degrees instead of 130 degrees on the base leg.

Thanks again, and all the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/