Erik Hofman writes:

 > -rw-r--r--    1 erik     user       648823 May 12  2001 js-1.4-2.tar.gz
 > -rw-r--r--    1 erik     user      1046117 Mar 13 19:12 js-1.5-rc4.tar.gz

What does everyone else think?  Should this be bundled unpacked in the
SimGear source tree and built automatically (as with expat, our XML
parser), bundled as an archive so that users can build it if they
don't already have it installed (as with metakit and zlib), or left as
an external, optional extra?  I'd like to embed an interpreter in
FlightGear, and ECMAScript is an excellent candidate language, but it
would be nice if the interpreter were a lot smaller.

Erik -- what do your bindings look like?

Is anyone going to argue for embedding a small Scheme interpreter
instead?

Does anyone know of a smaller ECMAScript implementation?

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/