At 10/23/02, Curtis Olson wrote:
Michael Selig writes:
> I am still getting the same segfault w/ this option.
>
> It even promptly crashes w/
>
> ./fgfs --help
>
> i.e. I don't get the option list.

Are you missing the base package some how, or pointing to the wrong
directory?
If I run my working old version w/o setting FG_ROOT, I get this:

============================
[221] m-selig@qtee:/home/m-seligSim/work> ./flightsim-0.7.pre11/src/Main/fgfs
FlightGear: Version 0.7.11pre1
Built with GNU C++ version 2.96

Scanning for root: command line
fg_root = /home/m-seligSim/www-flightgear-org/fgfsbase

Usage: strings/usage

strings/general-options:
--help, -h strings/help-desc
<snip>
For a complete list of options use --help --verbose
Base package check failed ... Found version 0.9.0 at: /home/m-seligSim/www-flightgear-org/fgfsbase
Please upgrade to version0.7.11pre1

When I run the new one the same way, I get this:

[226] m-selig@qtee:/home/m-seligSim/www-flightgear-org> ./FlightGear/src/Main/fgfs
Segmentation fault

So this does not seem to be related to the base package.

FWIW
I will not rule out that I could be making some mistakes at my end, but I have already tried working this out w/ Rob Deters here. Also, our most recent update follows the steps we have taken before ... and on Rob's computer it is working. He is running Redhat 7.2. I am running 7.1, and that's the only difference on the surface.

Still puzzled in Illinois ... and trying very hard to avoid having to reinstall my wonderful Linux box.