David Megginson writes:

> Norman Vine writes:
>
>  > A worthy project indeed but IMHO an even  worthier project
>  > would be to collect all of the various "properties" into a single
>  > document that included
>  >
>  > 1) a short description of what it controlled
>  > 2) which xml file it resided in
>  > 3) which 'C' file set its default < if applicable >
>  > 4) which 'C' files used it
>
> We'd have to find a way to automate that, or it would go out of date
> too fast to be useful, at least until the code base is a lot more
> stable.  In fact, there are now many properties that no C++ file uses
> at all.

All vaild points which just strengthen the arguments for why such a
document is needed and FWIW sounds very familiar to programmers
writing conventional code who 'chafe' at having to document what
they do :-)

Computer programs are a mix of algorithm and data and just because
you take the data out of the 'C' code and stash it externally does nothing
to alleviate the need to document it !!

Norman