On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:46:04 +0000
"David Luff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> The limit of my ambition at the moment is to get light planes taxiing in
> and out of and flying circuits around GA airports at the moment.  This is a
> huge amount of work in itself - particularly the taxiing part, which also
> involves writing an infrastructure to describe logical taxiway and parking
> networks at airports, and tools to allow users to create/modify them.
> There's absolutely no way I'm going to get time to do any planes that fly
> from one airport to another in the next year or so.

I've been experimenting in this area too, particularly user tools.  To that
end I've added a taxiway editor to FGSD, FlightGear Scenery Designer,
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/fgsd>.  Data is saved to an xml file.  The
next step is to load this data into FlightGear and hook it into the ATC
system.

Cheers,
Bernie