On 12 Jul 2003 22:49:22 +0100, Christopher S Horler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I like the idea of a menu for views...
>
>Is there a way to reset the view - I sometimes move the view outside of
>the plane around.
>
>I would like to see it simple - two views one of the outside and one of
>the cockpit (cycled by v).  Then Ctrl v could be bound to resetting the
>view.  All remaining views and customized views specified in some xml
>file could be in the 'view' menu.

<snip>

How about two basic views on 'v' in the standard setup, the rest
on a menu and a capability to select items off the menu (or at
least in XML) for addition to the 'v' (need a better term,
'hotkey views'?) views?

One nice feature would be the ability to group sets of views
together and switch between sets of 'hotkey' views. The user
could, for example, set up view sets such as 'Landing', 'Taxi',
'Flight Test', '3D Model Test' ...

Rick
--

David Farrent and Dougie O'Hara on the Cold War
role of the ROC: 'What a world of sorrow is hidden