On Sunday 13 July 2003 10:54, David Megginson wrote:
> Erik Hofman writes:
>
>  > I mean we now have a tower view, we might come up with a "final Approach
>  > view" and someday somebody will come by and asks for a windsock view.
>  > Those are really candidates for a view selection dialog.
>
> Two truly useful ones would be a ground-chase view and a
> nearest-airport view.  When you're flying anything but a circuit, the
> control tower view gets useless very fast.
>

> All the best,
>

> David
>
> --
> David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/

I think a ground chase view would be great.  I'd also like an air chase view
that follows bearing but that shows gust and turbulence effects but something
like that has been proposed, I think;)

As for putting some of the views in menus - hmm... I'm less keen about that
because when I change views I want to do it quickly and often I'll only want
to check a view for a second.  For example, when landing I'll often quickly
switch between the cockpit, the two chase views and the tower views, using
different magnication and orientation settings for each view, and spending
less than a second in most of them.  I suspect this would be tricky to do if
some of them could only be accessed via a drop down menu - the moment would
have passed and I'd have had to move one of my hands from the js or kb to
grab the mouse.

Setting up the views with some of them in a menu would be ok by default if it
was still easy to add the extra entries to the kb list.

LeeE