I agree with this completely.  I do the same.

I was wondering about an additional feature...  Other than recording entire
flights, I've never seen what my own [attempted] landing looked like....  Would
it be possible to add a feature where the simulation would immediately be paused,
and "rewinded" for say, 5 seconds to give an "instant replay?"  When the replay
catches up to simulation time, simply return to the paused state?  Then, during
the replay, I can watch from a chase or tower view, etc.

Yes, my entire world was affected by my purchase of a TiVo.  ;)

-Matt