A few comments, after playing with the 747 panel a bit more. Firstly, I'd just like to say how amazing it is, given the non-impact on the frame-rates, smoothness and clarity of the text, and so on. It's just lovely.

Now, on with the nit-picking. Note many things I'm going to suggest probably require some level of C++ coding (even if it's just exposing more properties), and given sufficient arm-twisting I might even look at them myself. I've looked over the panel files, but I find the relation between the 3d models and the panel a bit hard to grasp...

Also note my 'experience' is based on the PMDG 777 for Fly!, but I assume Boeing glass cockpits don't vary much.

- The PFD auto-pilot annunciation is lacking supported for armed modes (in white, rather than green text). Eg, when in heading mode, and engaging a NAV mode to intercept a VOR radial, NAV should be displayed in white above (below?) the still-green HDG until the radial is intersected.

And the more common case, in V/S mode, heading towards a commanded ALT, ALT should be displayed in white. The whole reason I'm writing this is because I subconsciously found it very disturbing to enter a target altitude and not see ALT there in white (I've obviously spent way too much time with the PMDG 777 in Fly!).

- The speed trend indicator bar is missing; obviously this requires code and probably FMS interaction to be accurate, though I suspect a first order approximation [trend-velocity = velocity + (current_acceleration * 5.0)] would be enough. Again, it wasn't till I sat and thought about this I realized it was missing, but it made my flying much worse (on a manual throttle)

And now a couple of 'please's

- I really need a visual indicator of flap position, either the lever itself or the EFIS page showing the flap 'bar'. And related to that, is the 747 missing some detents? I'd expect 1,2,5,10,15,25 (and maybe 40?). It seems like there's only three detents at the moment, and I keep ballooning on approach picking the wrong one.

[anyone who points out a good visual indicator of flap position would be switching to the external view gets a sullen look from me]

Oh and, if we're being clever, updating the safe Vmax marker on the speed-tape based on the current flap setting would be wonderful (yes, I'm a lazy person who uses that to schedule flap retraction on climb-out). But of course, this requires code and aircraft-dependent data (though maximum rated speed for each flap setting is usually given in pilot manuals)

When we finally get an FMS, it will of course compute notches on the speed tape for flap retraction, given the gross weight of the aircraft and so on .... but that's *a lot* of C++ coding.

- I *really*, *really* need the ADF indicator on the NAV display. Especially intersecting an ILS localizer, I keep over-shooting because the 747 turns so slowly, when normally I'd use a handy ADF to work out when I'm almost on the glideslope and hence start turning in.

Anyway, that's more than enough nit-picking. I'll go back to lurking and bouncing the 747 down runways..

H&H
James