Are you talking about the xml files for 3d animation? The "objects" refered
to in the xml are specific polys on the display. For example the apalt1 on
the PDF might refer to the first digit on the AP Altitude setting display,
apalt2 the second digit. For the most part they are numbered right to left,
where 1 is the rightmost digit.

Ah, I didn't realize you could 'address' individual polygons this way...

This is the way it should work. But I don't have the ARM displays in there
yet. BTW when waiting for NAV intercept is it just HDG (and not HDG SEL)
annunciated? IIRC selecting NAV in the autopilot currently sets the aircraft
on a course 60 degrees off the radial. When it hits the radial it switches to
a heading that follows the radial. There is some voodoo I put in there a long
time ago to make sure the 747 didn't overfly the radial. Any suggestions on
how this mode should actually work? Also, at what point (degrees from
radial?) is the radial considered "intercepted"?

HDG SEL is right, I think. here's how I remember it working in the PMDG 777:
assume no LNAV mode is active, or HDG SEL is; providing you have a valid NAV 1 signal,
and the line projected from the current position of the airplane along the heading at some point intersects the radial, I think NAV mode will arm. Certainly it always has when I've tried. It obviously can't be a pure angle cutoff,
because you might be flying very close to the radial, but almost parallel to it, and NAV should still arm.

Anyway, the NAV mode stays armed until you get 'close' to the radial, at which point it activates and executes the turn to bring the aircraft onto the radial's heading. I'm not sure how 'close' is quantified, but in the PMDG 777, it never over-shot, so it must be a bit cleverer than a fixed distance.

Actually the autothrottle is now outputing a trend value. I'm just not sure
exactly how the graphics should look.

It's a green purple line on the speed tape, with an arrow at it's top / bottom indicating the speed in K seconds (I think K = 5, but it might 8 or 10). The other end of the vertical line is fixed at center of the speed tape. Visually, you use the height of the line to judge the plane's acceleration.

I googled for 'boeing PFD' on images.google.com, and some of the pics include the speed trend line. Also, some of them also show the yellow right-hand speed-tape border than indicates warning speed regimes, and the red dots that indicate danger speeds.

I'll be doing an EICAS display that will have that. Also there's a center
console thing, not sure when the center console will get done.

Are the number of flap setting and the detents correct, btw?

- I *really*, *really* need the ADF indicator on the NAV display.
Especially intersecting an ILS localizer, I keep over-shooting because
the 747 turns so slowly, when normally I'd use a handy ADF to work out
when I'm almost on the glideslope and hence start turning in.

Again, I need more info. I'm not really sure what it should look like or how
it should work. If you can help, I'll add the features.

Ah, the ADF is pretty easy, it's just a green arrow on the NAV display, with the the head in the 'compass ring' pointing at the NDB, and the tail (which is forked) also in the track. I can't remember if there's a solid line between the head and tail or not.

Hopefully, Dave Culp or someone else who's looked at these things for too long can fill in more gaps, or correct any mistakes I've made.

H&H
James