I wrote:
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The old sky color for rainy days and the new one for sunny days.
> >
> > This would allow us to simulate both weather conditions perfectly.
> >

> > Just take a look at the difference yourself by changing
> > the light.cxx file like described above and recompile flightgear.
> >
> > What is your opionion about this?
>
> I don't know where on earth you can see sky so blue without colour
> enhancer on your camera (polarizer or blue filter), especially
> when looking at the sun. Look at the pictures I took at 5000ft
> AMSL a sunny day here :
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/frbouvi/photos/020708/
> and you will see that FG is quite good at modeling reality.

To be fair and moderate my tone, you can find days and sector of the
sky deep blue, but the shade greatly depends on the sector of the
sky you are looking at, and as Jim said, the day must be dry,
on late fall or winter. I made a trip to Italy recently and took a
number of pictures from the ground that you can see here :

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/frbouvi/photos/Italy/

Some are very blue :

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/frbouvi/photos/Italy/37.html
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/frbouvi/photos/Italy/50.html
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/frbouvi/photos/Italy/59.html

but the darker one ( that are darker than your screenshots ) are
toward the zenith and the sun in the back.

Otherwise, near the horizon, the shades are paler and the
transition thicker like this :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/frbouvi/photos/Italy/119.html

-Fred