unfortunately i don't know nothing about the FG's interiors, but i have experience in game programming (although in c and not c++). There should be a split up in the code: the initialization part and the scene loading/dynamics init/Ai code etc.
After the initial init, we can have the menu and choose aircraft airport and probably ai scenario (we could have them like missions). i don't believe it is _too_ hard to make such a split. It is sadly i don't have any time for now to contibute.
For the splash screens we could organise a contest from users (yes, just like gimp and others do) and select the 5-6 top spashes for inclusion.
Finally for the multi part i will check the code to see if i can help.This is where all the fun is :P

PS: in my first post i forgot to say a big thanks for this great game