Jon Stockill wrote:

> Vivian Meazza wrote:
>
> > Let us know how you get on. Melchior claims the first successful Seafire
> > landing.
>
> Took off from KSFO, and nailed the seahawk to the deck on the first try,

Well done.

> then couldn't work out how to get the thing onto the cat to launch.

I'm not sure that the Nimitz version in cvs has cats. If it has, then don't
forget that the Seahawk has differential brakes, and no nosewheel steering.
I have a more detailed version available here:

ftp://ftp.abbeytheatre.dynu.com/fgfs/Nimitz/

Warning: it's still under development, and some of the textures are HUGE.

> That secondary ASI comes in rather handy :-)

It was called the Deck Landing ASI :-) IIRC. Judging by some reports, the
Seahawk was probably one of the easiest, if not the easiest, jet to deck
land before the current era of auto-land etc.

Regards,

Vivian