Melchior FRANZ schrieb:

* Georg Vollnhals ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [051210 17:36]:
I placed 2 objects into the sea near Bremerhaven (EDWB) which can bex
seen from distance but when you come nearer they disappear.
Why did you choose 3089361.stg? Guessing?  :->
In scripts/perl/scenery/ there's a script calc-tile:

Melchior,
I am very sorry for the inconvenience I caused but I was fully *blinded* for the real reason which caused this strange behaviour - it must have been a wrong lat/lon input when I calculated the tile with calc-tile.pl. This was not obvious for me as the objects did show up from the distance, so I did not think of this simple error! Thank you for your help, I already have wasted a lot of hours by trying to solve the problem myself - but failed :-((
Regards
Georg