Frederic Bouvier wrote:

I don't see the real benefit of this naming change. I rather see the burden of changing fgrun. And there are options that are not reduced to a property assignment.

True, those should be kept. But the main reason I started this was because:

1. We have at least two options for boolean assignment
2. We have more than two options for string assignments

When using the --prop: method this will be reduced to just one option with one of several arguments.

3. The options.xml (and associated language files) are rather hard to
   maintain. Not to mention the fact that the non English versions are
   hopelessly out of date.
4. I think the --prop: method would make utilities like fgrun a lot
   easier to maintain since it can maintain a simple database of
   properties and it's arguments instead of a lot of different options.

But it's not like I want to push this all of a sudden.

Erik