George Patterson wrote :

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 14:51 +0100, Frederic Bouvier wrote:
George Patterson wrote :

Hi all,

I have found a bug in the parsing of the --config command line
parameter. Starting Flightgear, I noticed that the menu bar is using the
default(blue) menu bar rather than the alternative black one. Which
indicated that my preferences.xml isn't being loaded, rendering options
was "reset" to the default.

Also probably related is when exiting from fgfs, the error "Error
creating directory: home/gpatterson/.fgfs". .fgfs is my home direxctor
already exists with appropriate permissions. It looks like the leading
slash is being dropped.

Version: CVS
command: fgfs --aircraft=b1900d

I will send a strace if required.

Does this patch improve things ?
http://frbouvi.free.fr/flightsim/sg_path.patch

-Fred

Fred,
I have applied the patch and rebuilt Simgear and Flightgear..

# patch sg_path.cxx sg_path.patch
patching file sg_path.cxx
Hunk #1 succeeded at 213 with fuzz 1.

However, I am now getting this error instead (double slashes)
Error creating directory: //home/gpatterson/.fgfs

Why would Simgear  be trying to create a directoy that already exists?

Not sure you have the latest CVS. Your sg_path.cxx file should be revision 1.17. Is it the case ?

Reload the patch as I made updates to remove the // at the beginning, and retrieve last version of the file from CVS so the patch will apply cleanly.

-Fred