On Monday 19 December 2005 06:43 IST, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> So here are the video links:
>
> http://www.flightgear.org/~curt/Models/Special/Rascal110_2/Movies/chapt1-
>divx6.avi
> http://www.flightgear.org/~curt/Models/Special/Rascal110_2/Movies/chapt3-
>divx6.avi
>
> They are about 8-9 minutes each.  Oh and for all the info I have
> available on this project, you can visit my 'unofficial' project page
> here:
>
> http://www.flightgear.org/~curt/Models/Special/Rascal110_2/
>
> Finally, Lee is building a FlightGear version of this same aircraft so
> hopefully before too long it will be flyable in FlightGear (using one of
> FG's built in flight dynamics engines.)  We have a programmable
> autopilot purchased for this airplane (but not yet installed/running.)
> We are hoping to port FlightGear's PID algorithm to our flight computer
> and hopefully then we can use FG to tune our PID loops (and if we don't
> immediately crash we will definitely be bragging about it.) :-)

The videos are really cool! Just one question... Did you have to do a lot of
adjustment for the synthetic and reality to match? Except fr maybe the FOV
and the angle in the synthetic view.

I am particularly interested in the timing (Latency etc.). Did the two
appear similarly in real time during flight?

I am curious to know what hardware you use. A newer version of the onboard
hardware i am working on is currently out for PCB fabrication. This UAV
business is so exciting! ;-)

--
Cheers!
kitts