fgfs saves gui- and a few other settings in autosave.xml on exit.
This was a very important feature and works very well (thanks
to Stefan :-). I think we should also save aircraft specific settings
in this file that should be persistent. The mechanism is there, and
a few extra lines don't hurt. Would anyone have a problem with that?
I envision the following "rules":

(A) only save properties that are under /sim/model/<aircraft-name>/
    That is /sim/model/bo105/ or /sim/model/B747/  (note the 'B' in
    747, as properties may not start with digits)

    IOW: don't save generic stuff that also affects other aircraft.

    If someone wants to save e.g. frequencies, then he should save
    them in /sim/model/foocopter/instrumentation/comm/frequencies/selected-mhz
    (or something) and on startup copy the frequencies to their
    respective addresses.

(B) only save things that make sense -- the fewer the better. Sounds
    like a no-brainer, but should be said nevertheless. I think that
    saving 0 to 10 properties are OK, while 100 are too many. Yes, that's
    a huge tolerance.  :-)

I expect that most aircraft won't use the feature at all. The bo105
would currently only save one property: the chosen variant. So if one
used the "Blue MedEvac" version last time, this would be chosen
automatically next time. (Some (almost) always fly the AntiTank
version, while some always fly the police version, etc.) The Lightning
might want to save the favorite livery, too. And the 737, ...

m.