* Maik Justus -- Wednesday 01 November 2006 14:05:
> is there any planning about the next release? I think we have many
> improvements in fg-cvs compared to 9.10 that we should at least discuss
> this topic.

I agree. There are (IIRC):

  - complete overhaul of the helicopter FDM
  - air-to-air refueling
  - dynamic cockpit view
  - joystick information dialog
  - new cloneable property browser
  - new route-manager dialog (or was that in 0.9.10 already? It's so long ...)
  - gui improvements (especially if we make the pending plib release mandatory)
  - update of magnetic model
  - 2D panel improvements (clipping)
  - nice new sun (that make the ocean look like crap)
  - a lot of interesting new aircraft (that depend on a new release)
  - many new helicopter models to be expected  :-)
  - unified weapon trigger functions
  - new improved fgjs joystick configurator
  - configurable HUD colors (used in f16-3d)
 (- an improved HUD instrument, though this is hardly something to
    tease users)
  - many bugfixes, as always
  - many other things that I forgot

It will take a while until fgfs/OSG has all features of fgfs/PLIB,
and even longer until it does it with the same performance. OSG
alone is not a "selling" point, anyway, as long as it doesn't bring
new *visible* improvements. And even less so, if it drops the frame
rate to 50%.  :-}

> What's about to "rename" the pre-osg-branch to a 9.11-beta branch?

We don't need to rename the clumsy tag to something else. ("PLIB"
would have been perfectly fine, and easy to remember, but we can
live with the ugliness, too.  ;-)

m.