I should double check, but I believe I'm running glut-3.7 on my home machine and didnt' have any build problems (Fedora Core 6.)

For what it's worth.  The full screen (game) mode of freeglut (any version) is horribly broken under unix.  SDL full screen works fine, but locks out all other heads on a multiheaded system.

Old, original glut (well 3.7 anyway) is the only version I've found that can successful go full screen with FlightGear on one display of a multiheaded system while leaving the other head(s) usable for other things (like an operator console for instance.)

Curt.

On 11/9/06, Jon Stockill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, November 8, 2006 4:50 pm, Martin Spott wrote:
> This is _excellent_ because of two reasons:
> 1.) It releaves the bug from showing up only on IRIX/MIPSpro - where I
> ran into it right after the OSG port appeared in FlightGear CVS (I guess
> Frederic will remember),
> 2.) GCC's error message is much more informative, which should make it
> easier to track what happens here.
>
> I guess you're running GCC-4.x, right ? I have built FlightGear on
> Linux and FreeBSD with GCC-3.x and didn't face the effect you present
> to us,

No, it's gcc-3.4.6, but if you're having the problem on IRIX then that is
a pointer - slackware uses glut - not freeglut, and I suspect that IRIX
uses glut too. Could this be caused by header differences? Has anyone else
successfully built FlightGear-OSG on a system that doesn't ue freeglut?

--
Jon Stockill
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Curtis Olson - University of Minnesota - FlightGear Project
http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/  http://www.humanfirst.umn.edu/  http://www.flightgear.org
Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d