Curtis Olson wrote:

> On 11/10/06, John Wojnaroski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     Downloaded a fresh CVS copy to try out the updates to the OSG
>     port.  An
>     earlier first attempt built and segfaulted when loading the
>     c172.  After
>     getting the fresh tar file I casually blew away the earlier
>     version and
>     untarred the fresh one.  Now when starting the build sequence with
>     autogen.sh it complains about a missing configure.ac
>     <http://configure.ac> file..
>
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/FlightGear$ ./autogen.sh
>     Host info: Linux i686
>     automake: 1.9.5 (19)
>
>     Running aclocal
>     aclocal: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
>     Running autoheader
>     autoheader: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
>     ERROR: autoheader didn't create simgear/simgear_config.h.in!
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/FlightGear$
>
>     I don't recall this happening on the first go-around or if it did
>     what I
>     did to fix it  or if I just got lucky.  The file is definitely
>     missing.
>
>     About the only strange, quirky thing is that when untarring the file,
>     getting a warning msg regards time stamp set to the epoch on some
>     of the
>     files. Am I grabbing a wrong copy?  Using the "developers"
>     hyper-link to
>     get the tarball.  Also I don't have CVS set up on this machine, but
>     don't believe that is an absolute requirement to get the latest copy.
>
>     tar: FlightGear/utils/fgadmin/src: implausibly old time stamp
>     1969-12-31
>     16:00:00
>     .
>     .
>     tar: FlightGear/utils/fgadmin/visualc/fgadmin: implausibly old time
>     stamp 1969-12-31 16:00:00
>     tar: FlightGear/utils/fgadmin/visualc: implausibly old time stamp
>     1969-12-31 16:00:00
>     tar: FlightGear/utils/fgadmin: implausibly old time stamp 1969-12-31
>     16:00:00
>
>     And so forth...
>
>     Hmmm,  is the command aborting before all the files have been untarred
>     which is why the configure.ac <http://configure.ac> file is missing?
>
>     Any suggestions??
>

> I just tried downloading a source tarball from the cvs interactive
> browser and everything  seemed in order.  I see a configure.ac
> <http://configure.ac> file in the source.tar.gz and it's not
> complaining about any odd dates.  Perhaps try downloading again?  This
> .tar.gz file is created on the fly so maybe something went haywire?

Just did a fresh download and untar.  The "old time stamp" msgs are
still there.  Machine time is sync'd using rdate when it starts and the
entire LAN is sync'd several times a day...

It has been a while since I worked with a cvs version of FG. Noticed the
tar file is ~700k smaller than the 0-9.10 version. and can't seem to
locate the cvs command string for logging in and downloading the cvs
source. Have been using the hyperlink called

"Bleeding edge CVS snapshot" to get both simgear and flightgear source.
It does look like tar is aborting, I don't see any reference to
configure.ac in the list of untarred directories and files.

Is there another way to get the latest cvs source?  I tried downloading
and untarring on three different machines, all with the same result.
And I still can't seem to find the reference to the cvs command string
for the development source on the website.

Regards
John W.