John Wojnaroski schrieb:
> Frederic Bouvier wrote:
>

>> Quoting John Wojnaroski :
>>

>>> Understand we still need plib, the openal stuff; what about Simgear?
>>> will the latest released version work or is it best to get the latest
>>> cvs version?
>>>

>> This is mandatory in any case. FlightGear and SimGear should match.
>>

> OK,  after a bit of thrashing I've got a version of FG-OSG built, but
> segfaulting when loading aircraft. Started with the basic c172
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/FlightGear$ ./c172
> expected 'data <number>' at line 99
> expected 'data <number>' at line 138
> expected 'data <number>' at line 177
> expected 'data <number>' at line 216
> expected 'data <number>' at line 255
> expected 'data <number>' at line 294
> expected 'data <number>' at line 1079
> expected 'data <number>' at line 1352
> expected 'data <number>' at line 1768
> expected 'data <number>' at line 1886
> ./c172: line 9: 30270 Segmentation fault      /usr/local/bin/fgfs
> --fg-root=/usr/local/FlightGear --bpp=32 --airport=KSFO --aircraft=c172p
> --disable-panel --disable-random-objects --visibility=55000 --disable-clouds
> ./c172: line 11: --native-ctrls=socket,in,30,,5700,udp: command not found
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/FlightGear$
>
> Do you need an updated base package and aircrat files as well?  Again.
> can't seem to find any reference on the website download section other
> than those for the stable releases...
>
> Regards
> John W.

Let Mathias explain it (= one of his older replies from this list!):

Hi,

On Monday 30 October 2006 18:44, Michal Fabik wrote:

> > so I've installed OSG, built cvs SimGear and
> > FlightGear against it, set up/symlinked all the OSG
> > paths and plugins required and now, after running fgfs
> > I get the splash screen and everything seems to be
> > working fine but after "generating sky elements" fgfs
> > quits with the following error:
> > expected 'data <number>' at line 99
> > expected 'data <number>' at line 138
> > expected 'data <number>' at line 177
> > expected 'data <number>' at line 216
> > expected 'data <number>' at line 255
> > expected 'data <number>' at line 294
> > expected 'data <number>' at line 1079
> > expected 'data <number>' at line 1352
> > expected 'data <number>' at line 1768
> > expected 'data <number>' at line 1886
> > Segmentation fault

You did use the patched osg version from

ftp://ftp.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Misc_maf/OpenSceneGraph-20061029/

??

I believe to remember that such messages oroginate from the ac3d Loader. The
segfault from the unpatched RGB Loader ...

   Greetings

       Mathias