>> And if Oshkosh reconfigures their runways and landing zones for EAA,
>>

> ..yup, that's what I'm talking about.
>

>> are they out repaving the runways and taxiways,
>>

> ..nope, unless somebody coughs up the funds needed.
>

>> are they repainting line markings?
>>

> ..I dunno if they will do all that every year, or just use "last years"
> colored dots,  just refreshed.  E.g. the rwy18 threshold moved south
> to a blue(?) line abreast the tower on what became rwy18R/36L for
> the show, AFAIR from the atc pdf.  Etc.
>

>> That's the sort of stuff that goes into the apt.dat
>>

> ..and Fisk Approach probably to?  Or should we just do
> a timed override KOSH-apt.dat file for that scenery tile?
> Many ways to skin this cat.

Hi,
Having been involved with this project I think that part of Arnt's
original post is fuelled by the difficulty in turning TaxiDraw output
into something that can be used by FGFS. While open to the idea of
associated data regarding periods of validity for various layouts, maybe
the underlying issue can be addressed more effectively by an easier way
to convert modified apt data to the required btg data...this I gather is
currently done by TerraGear. Then it is up to the user to decide which
layout they want to encounter. This of course raises issues with
Muliplayer.... as each player should be looking at the same version of
the scenery....  An honest question here though... can TerraGear be
limited to a single tile? IE point it to a tile or ICAO and it will
regenerate just that area... I suspect the answer might be NO for a
number of reasons... if the airport crosses tile boundaries problems
could arise... and ... how would it process tile edges without examining
adjacent tiles....but then I suppose the question is; how will a
different/alternative/appended data format solve these issues?

How can code be written when an approach is yet to be decided?

Merry Christmas
Dene
NZWN