On 1/31/07, alexis bory wrote:

leee a écrit :
>  Thanks:) If you need something to drive down to the railway
>  station...
>
>  http://www.spatial.freeserve.co.uk/V3/im_GT40.16.jpg

wow :)
Did you also work on the FDM ?
And on the cockpit ;)

For what it's worth, if someone wanted to adapt one of our existing fdm's to
do automotive vehicle dynamics, that would be a cool thing.  I don't know if
it would make sense to do it as an extension to existing code, or start from
scratch.  We've got the aerodynamic effects down, but we'd need to add
engine, transmission modeling and add the ability to drive the tires
directly.

We have some semi-intersting driving scenarios developed in house, and I
hope to soon start a work project to turn hi-res road data into 3d
databases.

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson - University of Minnesota - FlightGear Project
http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/  http://www.humanfirst.umn.edu/