On Tuesday 20 March 2007 00:35, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> I've started to overhaul Stuart's (excellent!) tutorial system.
> See the Lightning's "startup tutorial" for a marker example.
> It draws a nice blinking, magenta colored marker circle around
> the switch that the user is supposed to press.  :-)
Thanks for working on this - I don't know how many people have found and/or
used the existing Lightning engine start tutorial (or indeed any of the
existing tutorials), but the marker in particular is a huge improvement
(particularly for those who have poor English.)

> More tutorial changes to expect ...
I'm looking forward in particular to the lookat thingy, that should be a very
nice touch...

For other aircraft authors (or even those who aren't, but would like to
contribute their knowledge of various flight procedures etc), I'd encourage
people to have a look at adding more tutorials.  The process is really not
very difficult (reading the existing examples should be quite sufficient
documentation) and as usual help can be had from here or the IRC channel.

These tutorials can be a big help to people just starting out with FG, and are
so much better than a dry description of processes.  I'm also certain that
with a little imagination our (amazingly flexible) "tutorial" system can be
abused a bit to add all sorts of other interesting functions and scenarios
into FG ;-)

Cheers,

AJ