Ampere K. Hardraade schreef:
> I have seen far more serious simmers. :P
>
> Ampere

That basically translates as: We really want some pictures of that!

All of that guy's sim is MSFS-based with third party add-on instruments,
and all of the monitors on his desk are run from a single PC.

If FG is going to be used in home cockpits (Which I REALLY am in favor
of) we need some way to get the instruments currently in FG out in an
external application, which can run a 2D panel on a separate monitor. FG
of course already has the possibility of exporting data over the network
and linking copies for visuals (--external-fdm) but I'm not sure to what
extent all of the instruments will follow in the slaved FG copy. The
most important instrument you will have to run offboard except the basic
six are engine gauges, radio and possibly map navigation.

Making a decent (preferably OpenGL, vector-based) framework for FG
panels would be a good development step, and it need not neccesarily be
in the FG branch. As long as it follows the FG spec for the current
instruments it will work, and we might be able to add XML-based vector
artwork for glass cockpits later (SVG instrument rendering, anyone?). We
could borrow some ideas from ARINC661 here. The project would be similar
to X-Panel, already developed for X-Plane, so PanelGear might be a
suitable name?