Hi there,

> On 12/06/2007 04:22 AM, AJ MacLeod wrote:
> It might help to have some sort of download-on-demand feature.

I think this is a good idea. I once thought about introducing such feature
to the GUI launcher on Mac OS, but it was not that easy since there's no unifi
ed aircraft package description that contains compatible fgfs version, image t
humbnail, and description unless I make such list myself.

If there exist unified aircraft package description (maybe in xml, or in rss c
apable format), GUI launcher or fgfs itself can show and download available ai
rcraft by referring to package descriptions from some designated site(s).

The items needed for the description can be:
- aircraft name
- aircraft version, or last updated date
- aircraft status (experiment, unstable, stable... whatever in the same fashio
n)
- compatible fgfs version
- thumbnail image URL
- package URL
- list of package contents (for uninstalling, this can be embedded in a packag
e itself)

Though GUI launcher might be able to access the CVS to show and get the latest

aircraft info, it is not compatible to aircraft that are not in CVS. so having
 a unified
aircraft package and/or package description is better, I think.

Best,

Tat