This was a pretty mystifying post.  Like you, and I suspect most of
us, I went back through my local postings archive and couldn't find
anything to justify it.  Incidentally, Shad Young first popped up
on the FG lists back in 2003 re a query concerning graphics cards.

The oddest thing I found was a reply from Shad Young to Tim Moore
where he said "My sincere apologies. It was not my intent to
offend".

The reason I find this odd is because Tim Moore was just pointing
out that the conditions of use for a web-site/repository, to which
Shad Young had referred as being an example of MSFS open-source
work, actually had restrictions that were not compatible with
open-source.

I could see no indication of any offence whatsoever being taken by
Tim Moore and I remember that when I first read it I thought it was
a bit of a strange and inappropriate reply.  Nothing I lost any
sleep over though.

Heh:) - I don't care too much about top or bottom posting, as long
as it's consistent within a thread...

LeeE