Nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have added some features.
>
> Now, the precipitation changements aren't abrupt... but smooth.
>
> The precipitation effects depend on the freezing temperature and dew
> point.
>
> Changelog :
> - Fixe the turn off rain to snow (at 0°C about)
> - Fixe the dew point using.
> - Add precipitation changement smoothly.
> - Add a precipitation menu (thanks to Emmanuel BARANGER)

I've checked this into CVS; thank you for this contribution. I've also checked
in my
cleanups, some of which were suggested by andy on IRC. These include:

* reformatting to Stroustrup indentation style. This may not be universally
agreed upon
in the project, but if I'm checking in a new contribution, that's the style I'm
going to
use.

* make FGPrecipitationManager an SGSubsystem. This is a nice way to avoid adding
explicit initialization and update calls to main.cxx and renderer.cxx.

* Refactoring (and rewrite) of private function used from tileentry.cxx. In
general,
never use a private function; do the refactoring to make it public or move it
to simgear.

> Now, we need an umbrella in the cockpit. Maybe in using a clip plane.
> But I think that this feature has to be added in aircraft code. Because,
> it may find the same issue with clouds.

I fear that clip planes won't work; the precipitation effect uses shaders, and
there a
bunch of issues, including driver performance problems, when trying to use
shaders and
clip planes together. Eventually we'll either make our own version of the
precipitation
effect and change the shaders, or pursue something else, like a stencil test,
similar
to a shadow volume, that disables the precipitation inside the aircraft.

Tim