On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 10:05 +0100, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank's for this quickly integration.
> I send you a little improvement to fix :
> - no rain when there isn't clouds layer
> => Now, I read  the boundary layer too
> - disable the precipitation if the user doesn't want them !
> => Now, I read the property tree to know if precipitation are enable /
> disable
> (sgEnviro.get_precipitation_enable_state())
>
> Regards
> Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Great work on the rain so far!

A couple of points on this patch:

> +    SGPropertyNode *node, *child;
Can we have better names for these variables?

> +        // For each boundary layers
> +        while ( ( child = node->getNode( "entry", i ) ) != NULL ) {
> +            elev = child->getDoubleValue( "elevation-ft" );
> +
> +            if (elev > result)
> +                result = elev * SG_FEET_TO_METER;
> +
> +            ++i;
> +        }

"result" is stored in meters and compared to "elev" which is feet!

How about:

// For each boundary layers
  while ( ( child = node->getNode( "entry", i ) ) != NULL ) {
    elev = child->getDoubleValue( "elevation-ft" )  * SG_FEET_TO_METER;

    if (elev > result)
       result = elev;
    ++i;
  }

> + * To seems real, we stop the precipitation above of clouds layer (or
> bounday layer).
> + * If METAR informations don't give us this altitude, we will be able to
> find precipitations
> + * in the space...
> + * Moreover, above 0°C, we turn off the rain to snow.

How about:

* To seem real, we stop the precipitation above the cloud or boundry layer.
* If METAR information doesn't give us this altitude, we will see precipitation
* in space...
* Moreover, above 0°C we change snow into rain.

Thanks,

Ron